Tuesday 20 January 2015

Debut short story published and available to buy. Which is exciting.

My very first published short story, The Girl in the Red Polkadot Dress, featured in the 10th anniversary edition of Amelia's Magazine, 'That Which We Do Not Understand' is now out to buy.

'The midwife turns from the Bailey family belting out Auld Lang Syne, and smiles. And in her gentle smile, on the edge of life, I finally have found what I’m looking for in my dreams. In her smile, at last peace flows through me, and I understand; the dawn-age sliver of time between what we know and that which we do not understand is the place where stardust dances. Born from this gap in the universe we are each judged, not by God, but by the breath-taking power of collective humanity, molded by kindly forces that find its ultimate expression through love and creativity, dignity, kindness, and a silent strength.

'The midwife smiles a crinkled, knowing smile again and, with the spark of a newborn in her eyes, whispers into my ear something magical.

You can buy it here.

How very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment